When: Next academic year 2021/2022
The information on our website will support you in understanding the context of our school and our priorities.
If you believe you are the right person for this post and would like to apply, please look very carefully at the job description and requirements.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and collaborative colleagues.
- The opportunity to learn and grow professionally through professional development workshops and events
- Coaching and support in using educational technology and blended learning tools
- Social and medical insurance
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for
creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school
guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of
students in the field of art.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration
- Fluency in English
- 2 years or more of teaching experience in a similar position
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Flexible and engaging as an instructor for students from multiple grade levels.
- Organized, with strong classroom systems and management skills.
- The ability to handle classes of 25 children