When: Next academic year 2021/22
The information on our website will support you in understanding the context of our school and our priorities.
If you believe you are the right person for this post and would like to apply, please look very carefully at the job description and requirements.
- Native, or native-like fluency in English
- 3 or more years of teaching experience for the same age group
- A respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills to plan the children’s day and respond to children’s different needs
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider school team
- A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
- The ability to reflect constructively on practice and to manage needs.
- A desire for high expectations and standards for self and others.
- A commitment to be involved in the whole life of the school
- Commitment and a hard-working ethos
- An ability to use ICT confidently to enhance children’s learning and embed cross curricular learning
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts are advantageous.
- Creating the curriculum map, monthly and weekly plans in according to the scheme of work and school calendar
- Plan and prepare lessons to meet the needs of all pupils based on the new Early Years Curriculum
- Develop and produce classroom displays, visual aids and teaching resources
- Participating in preparing and organising different trips, events and celebrations.
- Evaluating student performance
- Mentoring the co-teacher and helping develop her/his teaching skills including lesson planning, implementation and classroom management
- Attending scheduled meetings with the principal and staff members
- Attending scheduled parents/teachers meetings and individual meetings with parents upon request.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Contribute to whole school activities
- Assist with the development of a child’s personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- Encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- Observe, assess and record each child’s progress
Working hours: 7:30 am – 3:00 pm Sunday to Thursday
What we offer
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and collaborative colleagues.
- Coaching and support in using educational technology and blended learning tools
- We are committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities for all members of staff