Dear Al-Hoda International School parents,
Al-Hoda International School welcomes you to a new year, and hope that you have had a great vacation.
We have been offering online educational services for a few years now, and parent involvement is a key to its success.
We are happy to announce that we have upgraded our LMS service, and would like to share with you all what is new.
LMS is short for Learning Management System, and is basically a computer based system that enriches and facilitates the learning process as well as connects teachers, students and parents together. There are many LMSs out there and the one we chose to use at Al-Hoda is “Schoology”.
Please note that Schoology will be the official communication channel between the school and parents, and therefore it is a must that you have your parent’s account set up on your mobile phone. Paper notes will not be sent home anymore unless a signature is required from the parent.
We will be holding orientation sessions at the school premises on the 27th and 28th of this month (August 2017).
The sessions will not only explain what are the new offered LMS features, but will also help you to log on to your account, and walk you through all the steps you need to take to ensure you are fully informed throughout the year, so please make sure that you do not miss these sessions.
This is a brief list of what will be offered during the sessions:
- What is a LMS
- The benefit of using Schoology for parents and students
- Why use a parent’s account
- How to access and use your parent’s account on your mobile phone
- Parents view of Schoology (updates, materials, grades, calendar, student performance)
- What is needed from you as a parent
- What are Schoology parents groups
The orientation sessions will be according to the following schedule:
- Parents of Grades 3 and 4 : 27th August, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Parents of Grades 5 and 6 : 27th August, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Parents of Grades 7, 8 and 9 : 28th August, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Please make sure to bring your personal smartphone with Internet access to the sessions.
Entry will be through Gate 4.